Friday, November 25, 2011

Stop Fighting the Dog to Trim Nails

          Hate trimming your dog's nails; I know I do. I am always worried I will clip their quick. Also, dogs don't like the feel of the nail clipper slicing through their toenail, makes them jerk their paw around. To eliminate this problem I no longer use a nail clipper, instead I use a nail grinder. My dogs don't put up a fight like they used to and don't seem to mind it to much. That is not to say they will not ever try to pull their feet away, but the dog "wrestling" to get their nails done is a thing of the past.

          With the nail grinder you no longer have to be afraid of your dog jerking his foot and cutting into the quick causing it to bleed everywhere. Just remember even with the grinder there still is the possibility of filing down the nail to the quick. However if you pay attention and follow the grinder's instructions you wont have any problems. So far the most serious thing that has happened to me is that I have ended up grinding down my own finger nails.

Happy Grooming!

No comments:

Post a Comment