Thursday, September 29, 2011

NEW colors for Wirehaired Dachshund & Bernese Mountain Dog

My new color for the Dachshund Wirehaired.

         I was wondering when I would finally get the time to post these new colors for you to see. Wow this whole month I have been so super busy filling orders. Not that I am complaining mind you, but it sure is nice to have a break every now and then. I did have a small bit of down time this week before my next big order showed up today. Well without further ado let the unveiling being!

          The photo above is my newly added color for the Dachshund Wirehaired. I have had this color on the back burner for longer then I had wanted. A long time back I had stitched this color but at the time it didn't come out the way I had wanted. One thing lead to another and I just couldn't find the time to get back to it to redo it. Last month I had an eBay customer ask about this color and so it was time for me to revisit this color.

          I have to admit I had to sketch and stitch this color at least 2 times before I was satisfied with it's current look. Some times what looks perfect in your minds eye doesn't necessarily translate well into a stitched piece. This color may have taken a long time to get here but as the saying goes "Good things comes to those who wait".

Bernese Mountain Dog's Improved color.

          When I first stitched the Bernese Mountain Dog many of the yarns I use today were not available. I had to use a yarn color that was darker then I had wanted to use. In August of this year I had some free time and I started stitching crate tags that I needed to have their photos redone. I thought now was a good time to switch out the darker yarn in my Bernese pattern for a lighter color, and that is just what I did.

          I will be retiring the old color but in the meantime it is still available for purchase. I realize that many dog breeds come in varying shades of any one color, so if I find that Bernese Mountain Dog lovers are interested in having the old color stay I will keep it. If you have an opinion about it please leave a comment below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment